“When done right, email marketing can help you generate $36 for every $1 spent.”, says digital marketing specialist and Forbes Councils Member, Shane Barker. But results like that aren’t possible if you’re just blindly sending emails without looking into their success rate.
With about 350 billion emails being sent out and received each day, there’s much competition you have to break through to reach your clients effectively. Without a solid analytics tool, you cannot know if your email marketing campaign is getting through to your customer base – and if it’s getting you the reactions you want.
If you’re using Litmus for pre-rendering and monitoring your emails but need more robust features, here are some excellent Litmus alternative tools that can help you optimize your email marketing campaigns. We have included tools for testing, email analytics and marketing automation so you can find what best suits your needs.
Criteria for selecting the best Litmus alternative
When selecting Litmus alternatives, we considered several vital features. These include:
- Features for email analytics, testing and automation – Consider which metrics and testing and automation capabilities are most important for your business goals.
- Interface friendliness and ease of use – Opt for readable reports and a tool you don’t have to spend hours learning how to use.
- Integration options – Make sure the software integrates with all the tools your company is using. This ensures that you can easily transfer data between systems.
- Price and how it compares to quality – Balancing features with the cost is also important. Weigh the price of each of the Litmus alternatives we’ve mentioned against the options they offer and the value it provides to your business – cheaper isn’t always better.
Now let’s take a look at the best tools that can help you boost email performance.
Choosing the best Litmus alternative
SEINō is an email analytics tool that provides real-time insights into your email marketing campaigns. It is one of the best Litmus alternatives that lets you track your email performance, monitor subscriber engagement and easily identify any areas of improvement.
This tool is a great way to assist email marketers with valuable, clear-to-read data. You can view the performance of all campaigns in one view and easily track transactional metrics and email open rates. These are more extensive features than the analytics Litmus offers.
Image source: SEINō
SEINō is more than just a Litmus alternative. Its customers value their rich feature set:
- The possibility to track transactional metrics, like total revenue, revenue per send, average order value and transaction number
- The option to compare and benchmark campaigns in one reporting view (instead of viewing results for each campaign individually)
- Easy access to the subscriber list and visible customer base growth
- Highly customizable analytics system that lets you tailor your strategy to your specific needs and preferences
- Tracking transactional metrics
- Advanced reporting and segmentation tools that allow you to gain a better understanding of your subscribers and create targeted campaigns that better resonate with your audience
- A/B testing of elements such as the subject line, content, CTA buttons, media
- Highly customizable graphs per metric, time period or campaign
- Clear and easy-to-navigate interface without any redundant aspects
- Integration with Deployteq, Selligent, Salesforce, Copernica, Braze, Klaviyo etc.
- Basic – €59/month or €590/year
- Standard – €129/month or €1,290/year
- Pro – €199/month or €1,990/year
- Enterprise – €499/month or €4,990/year
There is also a one-time setup fee of €150-600, depending on the company size. You can sign up for a free trial to test the platform before buying.
Roxanne Latupella (manager at Body&Fit) mentions that SEINō lets her company save hours of manual work and provides all the insights necessary for increasing performance.
Arjan Van Hartesveldt, the Director of Client Services at Deployteq, sees great value in SEINō’s integration with Deployteq, as its analytics features help their partners provide deeper insights into their clients’ email marketing campaigns.
Temeer Group (consisting of three fashion brands) reports saving vast amounts of time creating data reports. The CRM team now has a much better understanding of its customers and can tailor marketing and communication accordingly.
Email on Acid
Email on Acid is another easy-to-use option for large and small businesses. It allows companies to test email content with unlimited previews.
Both Email on Acid and Litmus offer the in-app HTML email editor and open, click and engagement tracking. However, EOA also has the email heat mapping feature, which Litmus does not.
Image source: MarTech
- Pre-deployment checklist with Campaign Precheck
- Preview features for limitless testing on 90+ clients and devices
- Accessibility checks, URL validation, blacklist verifications
- Easy and foolproof reviewing process without the need for coding knowledge
- HTML emails spellcheck
- Engagement time distribution data
- Opens, clicks and reads statistics
- Largely visual interface with graphs and charts
- Integrates with Campaign Monitor, Vertical Response, Jango Mail, Mailkit, Vivmail etc.
- Free trial (seven days)
- The Basics – $99/month or $74 monthly (billed annually for one user)
- Premium – $179/month or $134 monthly (billed annually for three users)
- Professional – $599/month or $449 monthly (billed annually for ten users)
- Enterprise – custom price
Additional users are $30/month/person each.
Email on Acid customers especially value the Campaign Precheck. It’s a helpful way to review everything from one place.
Some of its customers include:
- Rocky Brands
- Omni Hotels
Clients enjoy the easy monitoring options, checking potential email deliverability issues and making the customer experience more consistent across all popular devices and browsers. The email marketing service has some case studies proving how they help achieve a better ROI.
Brevo (previously Sendinblue) is a cloud-based platform that helps to improve customer relationships via email marketing, SMS, chat and more. Across its years of operation, it grew from an email marketing platform to a full CRM suite. It functions as an all-in-one tool for digital marketing campaigns.
While Litmus is a monitoring tool, Sendinblue is a complete marketing automation tool. This email automation tool is more user-friendly than Litmus. In general, Sendinblue custom reports and dashboards are rated higher by users, while Litmus offers clearer standard reports and more advanced pre-send email testing. Brevo (Sendinblue) is more scalable and adaptable. It also includes free unlimited contact storage.
Image source: TrustRadius
- Transactional Email options for developers
- Access to a marketing automation platform
- Reporting and analytics (unique and total clicks, opens, average time to open, click-to-open rate)
- Sales platform which makes it easier to follow leads and close more deals
- A/B testing (only in the higher pricing ranges)
- Integration with PayPal, Zoom, Zapier, Zendesk, WordPress, Salesforce and other digital tools
- Free access for companies with basic needs
- Starter – from $25/month
- Business – from $65/month
- Brevo Plus – custom price for enterprises with specific needs
All the pricing plans come with unlimited contacts. You can customize them to fit your individual needs, such as the specific number of emails sent each month, Brevo branding removal, dedicated IP or SMS and WhatsApp campaigns.
Brevo is trusted by over 500,000 customers, including well-known companies like Michelin, eBay, Sodexo, Huawei, Carrefour and liligo.com. The average customer rating is 4.5/5 stars on various software rating sites.
This Litmus alternative won a couple of rewards, such as the 2023 Gold Stevie for Sales and Customer Service, Best Value for Price (Winter 2023) and Best Mid-Market Usability (Winter 2023).
See also: Sendinblue alternatives
Selligent Experiences is a zero-party data acquisition solution that gives its clients valuable insights for building better relationships and improving the customer journey. It’s an omnichannel marketing cloud that provides companies with actionable insights that help them to create better user experiences.
This email marketing automation tool doesn’t support email testing, but it has quite advanced reporting and analytics tools. The business intelligence suite sorts the collected data into clear visuals that allow users to discover untapped value segments. You’ll be able to see just how effective your email sending is and how your customers engage with the brand.
Image source: Capterra
- Customer data profiles with 360° view (segmenting, selecting and targeting)
- Automated marketing campaigns with AI
- Omnichannel execution
- Open API architecture allows easy integration and data synchronization across platforms
- A/B split and multivariate testing for each stage of the customer lifecycle
- Template customization options that ensure brand consistency across channels
- Clear, visual interface
- Connects to APIs to analyze data
Unfortunately there is no clear pricing plan on the official Selligent website. You can schedule a free demo and learn about the cost tailored to your needs individually.
CRM and Loyalty Project Manager at Hunkermoller states that the company’s CTR increased by 44% and its revenue – by 54%, since starting to use Selligent.
Hearst UK saw 9.5K newly registered shoppers within only two weeks of their campaign.
Alliant Credit Union noted a 55% conversion rate and 7K new prospects in four weeks of their email marketing campaign using Selligent.
Another marketing automation option on our list is the elegant and straightforward platform Campaign Monitor. It’s one of the cheapest options for companies with small needs and expectations. CM prides itself on easy-to-use personalization that allows you to create beautiful, branded emails that work for everyone.
CM is much cheaper than Litmus – the latter’s pricing starts at $99. Litmus also has fewer integration options and a lower customer satisfaction rate. However, Litmus allows professionals to cross-browser test their websites and test emails across a range of spam filters.
Image source: GetApp
- Drag-and-drop editor and free templates library
- Advanced personalization options
- Link Review for finding broken or outdated hyperlinks
- Intuitive and visual interface
- Email analytics tools – opens, clicks, shares on social media, bounced, spam reports
- Information on most popular links and top faring countries
- Integrations with CRM, advertising and marketing, and list-growing tools
Campaign Monitor pricing starts at $9 per month for a Basic plan. The Unlimited option starts at $29/month and the Premier plan is $149/month.
However, these prices can change based on your individual needs. They’re highly customizable based on your number of contacts or an additional SMS channel.
Campaign Monitor mainly focuses on small and medium-sized businesses with big goals. The types of companies they work with include:
- Media and Publishing
- Travel and Hospitality
This Litmus alternative has an average customer rating of 4.5/5 stars. There are also many testimonials you can look into on the CM website.
See also: Campaign Monitor alternatives
Litmus alternative options: comparison table
|Platform||Features||Pricing||Customers value most||Best for|
|from €59/month||Data reports and speed||Medium to enterprise marketing agencies and ecommerce-driven companies; Email analytics|
|Email on Acid||Email heat map|
Visual data representation
|from $99/month||Campaign Precheck||Small and large companies; Email testing|
|Sendinblue (Brevo)||A/B testing|
Automation and sales platforms
|free for basic needs||Low price||Companies with 1-10 employees and $1M-10M ARR; Marketing automation|
|Selligent||Customer data profiles|
Business intelligence suite
|Available upon request||Campaign results||Global brands in retail, automotive, travel, financial and publishing businesses; Marketing automation|
|Campaign Monitor||Friendly UI|
Extensive data analysis
|from $9||Ease of use||Tech giants, nonprofits and media moguls; Marketing automation|
Of all the best alternatives for improving email performance, SEINō is the one that stands out. First and foremost, it makes achieving outstanding delivery success easier than you can imagine.
Not only can you vastly improve email deliverability – with SEINō, you’ll be able to grow your marketing success with clear and extensive data. You can even map your campaigns to different markets and connect different Google Analytics properties to each.
SEINō is a stand-alone analytics tool you can sync with many email service providers. It’s also possible to connect the platform with multiple brands to compare their performance in one place.
Schedule a free demo to preview all these helpful features and see how they can make you profit.
Litmus email testing software is a popular tool that ensures your emails are always on-brand and error-free. Some of its options include: optimizing for every subscriber and inbox, previewing campaigns, accessibility checks and ensuring you stay out of the junk folder.
Litmus testing tool is a tool for testing email content and validating web pages.
If you don’t want to use an email testing tool, you can always email yourself or a colleague. This is the most straightforward way to test emails – their functionality, formatting, links and attachments.
Some free browser extensions allow you to send and receive emails directly from your browser. Another option is an online service that lets you send mail to the provided email address. In return, you receive a score based on such factors as spam filters, DKIM/SPF records and content.