According to a recent survey, 63% of marketing decision-makers admit they’ve been using email marketing automation. In line with that, the number of email marketing tools available on the market is constantly growing, and the offer is wider than ever.
If you’ve been researching email marketing solutions, you’ve probably stumbled upon ConvertKit, a popular email marketing software launched in 2013. However, an increasing number of users are looking for ConvertKit alternatives due to its limited email tracking, A/B testing features and the perceived high cost.
In this article, we’ll explore other email marketing tools with a special focus on email tracking and analytics.
ConvertKit alternatives & competitors: Selection criteria
Here are the criteria to consider when choosing the right ConvertKit alternative for you:
- UX and UI: Choose a user-friendly and easy-to-navigate tool, especially if you don’t have a professional background in email analytics.
- Metrics and KPIs: Email analytics tools come with different metrics, so make sure to check whether the tool tracks all metrics that are important to you, from basic email marketing metrics (open rate, CTR etc.) to advanced revenue-related and transactional metrics.
- Integrations: Check whether a tool integrates with other email marketing or analytics tools you’re already using, and choose a tool that offers a lot of integrations.
- Value for money: Find the right balance between features and cost. This is individual and depends on the size of your team, but we’ve tried to include affordable options for everyone.
6 top ConvertKit alternatives & competitors for email analytics
While traditional email marketing platforms may be great at creating email automation workflows, most of them lack advanced features when it comes to email tracking.
That’s why we created SEINō, a new generation tool focused on analytics, data enrichment and helping you test and optimize your campaigns.
Here are some features that set our tool apart from other email marketing solutions:
- Advanced analytics: SEINō allows you to analyze large data sets and automatically combine your email metrics with Google Analytics for a more comprehensive view of your performance. Our reports are detailed yet easy to understand and packed with insights for optimizing your campaigns.
- Transactional metrics: Apart from standard metrics that come with every email marketing platform (open rate, CTR etc.), we thoroughly analyze revenue-related metrics such as average order value, revenue per email sent and many others.
- Benchmarking: While most other tools enable you to analyze only one campaign at a time, with SEINō, you can compare and analyze multiple campaigns in the same report to see what converts the best and use these insights to improve your marketing strategy.
- Advanced A/B testing: We also help you optimize your campaigns for maximum performance by testing every campaign element to the smallest details. We help you eliminate the guesswork by determining precisely what elements convert the best.
- Integrations: SEINō integrates with most major email service providers, such as ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Deployteq, Selligent and Salesforce Marketing Cloud. So, if you’re already using some email marketing automation platform, there’s no need to switch – you can add SEINō to your toolbox and upgrade your analytics.
SEINō is a modern and user-friendly tool with an intuitive interface that can save you hours of manual work. Here’s how we helped our clients:
Case study #1:
Glanbia, the largest online sports supplement seller worldwide, reached out for help to analyze a large number of campaigns daily. SEINō enabled them to track, compare and optimize their email campaigns in real time, saving 16 hours every week.
Case study #2:
With our help, Teemer Group, consisting of three fashion brands and over 150 stores, fully automated reporting and eliminated the need for spreadsheets. This not only saved them a lot of time but also enabled them to redirect their marketing efforts toward improving customer experience and boosting sales.
- Transactional metrics
- Real-time email tracking
- Advanced testing
- Integration with major ESPs
- Basic plan: €59 per month for up to 50,000 email sends
- Standard plan: €129 per month for up to 250,000 email sends
- Pro plan: €199 per month for up to 1,500,000 email sends
- Enterprise plan: €499 per month for unlimited email sends
ActiveCampaign is a multi-channel marketing automation tool businesses can use for sending and tracking email campaigns, among other things.
Here are its strongest sides:
- Cross-channel automation: ActiveCampaign allows you to automate and send messages across different channels – emails, landing pages, website messages, SMS, surveys and so on.
- Intelligent segment builder: This feature automatically suggests audience segments you can create based on different criteria (for example, average order value, things they click on etc.). This can not only boost your revenue because you can offer strategic upsell and cross-sell options, but it also makes tracking email campaigns and understanding your audience much easier.
- Metrics and KPIs: ActiveCampaign tracks many different email metrics, including transactional and revenue-related ones. It stands out because of its detailed revenue report with insights and tips for budgeting.
- Integrations: It integrates with over 800 tools like Shopify, WooCommerce, PayPal, Stripe etc.
With the help of ActiveCampaign intelligent segment builder and personalized email recommendations, SwimUniversity increased its revenue by 66%.
However, if you don’t need multi-channel marketing automation and want something simpler, check out ActiveCampaign alternatives.
- Cross-channel marketing automation
- Revenue report
- Intelligent segment builder
- Personalized campaigns
- Email marketing
- Plus: $49 per month, up to three users, ideal for small businesses
- Professional: $149 per month, up to five users (includes split automation and predictive sending)
- Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting and unlimited email testing)
- Plus: $19 per month, ideal for small sales teams
- Professional: $49 per month (includes automation maps and sales engagement automation)
- Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting)
- Bundle (Email marketing + Sales + CRM)
- Plus: $93 per month
- Professional: $386 per month
- Enterprise: custom price available upon request
GetResponse is email marketing automation software that uses AI to craft emails and develop personalized product recommendations and could be a great option for those who run ecommerce platforms.
Here are its key features:
- Autoresponders: GetResponse has some advanced sales automation features, and it offers pre-built sequences for sending special promotions, abandoned cart emails and similar campaigns.
- AI engine: This tool uses AI in many ways, but the two most important are automatically generating email copy (which comes in handy for A/B testing when you need multiple versions of one campaign) and AI-powered personalized product recommendations (based on user behavior and past purchases) that can boost sales and customer loyalty.
- Metrics and KPIs: GetResponse has more advanced tracking features than most ConvertKit competitors. Three plans are available, depending on your goals:
- Engagement – tracking basic metrics like open rate and click rate
- Ecommerce – tracking revenue-related metrics
- Growth – tracking your monthly subscription rates and identifying landing pages that bring the most subscribers
- Integrations: GetResponse integrates with different tools, especially those related to ecommerce, like Shopify, Magento, PayPal and Stripe.
GetResponse helped their client Selsey increase the number of conversions by over 200% through thorough A/B testing of different email marketing campaigns.
If you already have an email automation tool and are now looking for email tracking, you may want to check out GetResponse alternatives.
- Multiple analytics reports
- AI-generated copy
- AI-powered recommendations
- Sales autoresponders
- Free plan: up to 500 subscribers
- Email marketing: starting from €13.12 per month for 1,000 subscribers
- Marketing automation: starting from €44.28 per month for 1,000 subscribers
- Ecommerce marketing: starting from €86.92 per month for 1,000 subscribers
Campaign Monitor is an email automation tool known for its advanced segmentation and personalization.
Here are its main features:
- Email builder: This tool has a drag-and-drop email builder that focuses on optimizing emails for mobile phones, which is essential, knowing that 90% of internet users in the US go online using their mobile phones.
- Advanced segmentation and personalization: Campaign Monitor uses customer data to create custom recommendations and sales funnels that feel personalized and boost conversion rate.
- Metrics and KPIs: Campaign Monitor tracks different metrics than ConvertKit. It’s primarily focused on testing your email marketing campaign performance through split tests to find the campaigns that convert the best. You can also compare your email campaigns with other marketing channels to get a more holistic view and see which channels have the highest engagement. If you’re looking for a tool with more detailed revenue metrics, check out Campaign Monitor alternatives.
- Integrations: Many integrations are available, from Shopify and WordPress to various CRMs.
Many non-profit organizations choose Campaign Monitor, with the Australian Red Cross being one of them. This email marketing tool helped them increase their open rate by 68% and their email conversions by 70%.
- Mobile-friendly email builder
- Advanced personalization
- Excellent deliverability
- Campaign benchmarking
- Lite: starting at $11 per month
- Essentials: starting at $19 per month (advanced optimization and personalization)
- Premier: starting at $149 per month (priority customer support)
Brevo, formerly Sendinblue, is a multi-channel marketing automation platform with a special focus on email and SMS marketing.
Here are its key features:
- Marketing automation: Brevo saves a lot of time by automating communication with your customers on different channels, from emails and chatbots on your website to SMS marketing and WhatsApp campaigns. You get to see all communication in one place, in a universal inbox.
- Landing page builder: Even if you don’t know anything about web design, you can use the Brevo drag-and-drop editor to create landing pages and web forms.
- Metrics and KPIs: With Brevo, you can track basic metrics like open rate and CTR, but there are no advanced revenue metrics. If that’s important to you, you may want to check out Sendinblue alternatives.
- Integrations: On the other hand, Brevo offers some cool integrations, especially for those with ecommerce platforms. It integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento and payment services like PayPal and Stripe.
Thanks to Brevo, Floridelux, a flower shop with an online store, achieved a 99.6% deliverability rate, which led to a 10% revenue increase.
- Automated campaigns on multiple channels
- Transactional emails
- Drag-and-drop landing page builder
- Excellent deliverability
- Free plan: up to 300 emails a day
- Starter: starting at $25 per month (up to 20,000 emails and basic analytics)
- Business: starting at $65 per month (advanced analytics, A/B testing)
- BrevoPlus: custom price (for large businesses)
- Transactional emails: You can add them to any plan. Up to 300 emails a day are free. You can get up to 20,000 emails per month for $15, and the price goes up for more.
Drip is another popular email marketing software that has two versions:
- The first is for ecommerce businesses
- The second is for small businesses that are selling services or experiences
Here are some of the features that make it stand out from other tools:
- Dynamic segmentation: Drip is one of the rare tools that offer real-time segmentation based not only on email marketing user behavior but all your data, including in-store purchases and website visitors’ behavior.
- Email templates: This tool offers various HTML email templates you can easily customize by syncing your brand fonts and colors. It’s perfect for beginners looking for a user-friendly drag-and-drop email builder, but if you’re looking for design-rich email templates, you may want to check out Drip alternatives.
- Metrics and KPIs: Regarding email tracking, Drip offers advanced reporting and an intuitive interface that makes it easy to understand. Apart from standard email marketing metrics, it also tracks revenue-related metrics, such as average order value, revenue per email sent and revenue per person.
- Integrations: Drip has over 100 integrations, and it’s worth mentioning that it’s one of the tools that offer social media integration: you can combine it with Facebook custom audiences, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Thanks to Drip, The Spice House got a 40% increase in their email list subscribers by combining online signup forms with data gathered in-store.
- Automation workflows
- Advanced analytics insights
- Dynamic segmentation
- On-site data collection
Pricing plans depend on the number of your email subscribers. It starts at $39 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers and goes up to $1,899 for up to 170,000 subscribers. If you have more subscribers, you can ask for a custom price.
ConvertKit alternatives & competitors: Comparison table
Landing page builder
|Free plan: up to 1,000 subscribers|
Creator: starting at $9 per month for 300 subscribers, up to $1.916 per month for up to 400.000 subscribers
Creator Pro: starting at $25 per month for 300 subscribers, up to $2.166 per month for up to 400.000 subscribers
|Online content creators|
Real-time email tracking
Integration with major ESPs
|Basic plan: €59 per month for up to 50,000 email sends|
Standard plan: €129 per month for up to 250,000 email sends
Pro plan: €199 per month for up to 1,500,000 email sends
Enterprise plan: €499 per month for unlimited email sends
|Email tracking and analytics|
|ActiveCampaign||Cross-channel marketing automation|
Intelligent segment builder
Plus: $49 per month, up to three users, ideal for small businesses
Professional: $149 per month, up to five users (includes split automation and predictive sending)
Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting and unlimited email testing)
Plus: $19 per month, ideal for small sales teams
Professional: $49 per month (includes automation maps and sales engagement automation)
Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting)
Bundle (Email marketing + Sales + CRM)
Plus: $93 per month
Professional: $386 per month
Enterprise: custom price available upon request
|GetResponse||Multiple analytics reports|
|Free plan: up to 500 subscribers|
Email marketing: starting from €13.12 per month for 1,000 subscribers
Marketing automation: starting from €44.28 per month for 1,000 subscribers
Ecommerce marketing: starting from €86.92 per month for 1,000 subscribers
|AI-powered email copy|
|Campaign Monitor||Mobile-friendly email builder|
|Lite: starting at $11 per month|
Essentials: starting at $19 per month (advanced optimization and personalization)
Premier: starting at $149 per month (priority customer support)
|Creating mobile-friendly campaigns|
|Brevo (Sendinblue)||Automated campaigns on multiple channels|
Drag-and-drop landing page builder
|Free plan: up to 300 emails a day|
Starter: starting at $25 per month (up to 20,000 emails and basic analytics)
Business: starting at $65 per month (advanced analytics, A/B testing)
Brevo Plus: custom price (for large businesses)
Transactional emails: You can add them to any plan. Up to 300 emails a day are free. You can get up to 20,000 emails per month for $15, and the price goes up for more.
Advanced analytics insights
On-site data collection
|Pricing plans depend on the number of your email subscribers. It starts at $39 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers and goes up to $1,899 for up to 170,000 subscribers.||Dynamic segmentation|
Choosing the right ConvertKit alternative may look different for everyone, but we hope this article helped you get a better understanding of the most popular tools on the market.
If you’re looking for a tool with advanced email tracking, testing and optimizing features, SEINō is the perfect choice. Our insights will enrich your email marketing strategy and help you increase your ROI.
Schedule a free demo and see how we can help you improve your performance.
ConvertKit alternatives: FAQs
Here are some cheaper ConvertKit alternatives: Brevo, GetResponse, Mailchimp and Drip. Of course, pricing plans can vary depending on the size of your email list and the features you choose.
They’re not the same, but they have very similar email marketing features with just a few differences.
ConvertKit is most popular among online creators whose primary goal is to grow their list and get a lot of subscribers/readers. Due to limited analytics, it’s not that popular among small business owners, online stores and ecommerce platforms.