According to a 2022 survey, 79% of US millennials like when brands contact them via email. The same is true for 57% of respondents from Generation Z.
If email is a widely accepted marketing channel, the question is how to do email marketing right. You certainly need a good email tracking tool like Customer.io. It helps you see which strategies work well and which need improvement.
However, due to weak data collection and poor customer service, some users turn to Customer.io competitors. If you are also interested in finding such an option, this article is for you. We compiled a list of the six best Customer.io alternatives that can help you boost your email tracking efforts.
Customer.io competitors & alternatives: selection criteria
Monitoring your email performance is one of the best ways to improve your open and click-through rates. But how do you choose a good tool for email analytics? Our advice is to focus on the following criteria:
- Customization and flexibility: The platform you select should let you customize email analytics to the specific objectives of your business. It should be able to check all metrics and email marketing KPIs essential for your organization’s growth.
- Ease of use: Your platform should be easy to navigate so your team can adopt it smoothly and efficiently. So, when checking Customer.io competitors, assess each tool’s interface and the dashboard creation process.
- Email data integration: Ensure the software allows for seamless integration with the tools your company is using. It will enable you to easily transfer data between systems.
- Value for money: Cheaper doesn’t always mean better, so try to balance features with the cost. Evaluate the advantages each of the Customer.io alternatives provides to your business and weigh the price against the tool’s options.
6 best Customer.io competitors & alternatives for email analytics
Here’s our selection of Customer.io’s best alternatives.
SEINō, our email analytics tool, is one of the best Customer.io alternatives for email tracking. It allows you to analyze your campaigns faster and in more detail than other marketing tools, enhancing your productivity by 90%.
With access to real-time behavioral data that SEINō provides, you can create personalized and relevant messages to engage and retain customers. It includes sending emails, push notifications, SMS and in-app messages.
SEINō integrates with various email service providers such as Deployteq, Selligent, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, ActiveCampaign, Braze and others.
Apart from that, you can integrate SEINō with a web analytics tool like Google Analytics.
The following features set SEINō apart from other email marketing solutions:
- Advanced analytics: SEINō analyzes large data sets and provides a comprehensive view of your performance by combining your email metrics with Google Analytics. You get a set of detailed, easy-to-understand reports with rich insights on how to optimize your email marketing campaigns.
- Transactional metrics: Most email marketing platforms provide standard metrics like open rate and click-through rate, but we go further: SEINō offers a thorough revenue analysis, providing metrics such as number of transactions, total revenue, average order value and revenue per email sent.
- Benchmarking: With most email marketing tools, you can only analyze one campaign at a time. SEINō allows you to compare and analyze multiple campaigns in one reporting view. You can easily see which strategy converts best and increase the efficiency of your marketing efforts with these insights.
- Advanced A/B testing: SEINō helps you to test even the most minor details of your campaigns. You can determine precisely what elements work best and optimize the campaigns for maximum performance.
- Basic: €59 per month for up to 50,000 email sends
- Standard: €129 per month for up to 250,000 email sends
- Pro: €199 per month for up to 1,500,000 email sends
- Enterprise: €499 per month for unlimited email sends
*There is also a 30-day free trial. Book your demo!
Customers like how fast it is to analyze campaigns with SEINō.
Image source: Email Vendor Selection
Iterable offers comprehensive segmentation features to subdivide your target audience based on activity or other criteria. You can convert those segments into either static or automatically updated lists in real time.
The platform offers a marketing automation suite that allows businesses to manage user engagement across multiple communication channels. It uses dynamic workflows to make your campaign creation more effective. Since 94% of SMB workers perform repetitive, time-consuming tasks, a tool offering automation can be a game-changer for your company.
However, when compared with Customer.io in terms of email tracking, Iterable stays a bit behind. Customer.io provides better email analytics features like:
- Behavior tracking
- Conversion tracking
- Customizable reports
Iterable integrates with Zendesk, Adjust, ActionIQ, Amazon Simple Email Service, ActionIQ, mParticle and Crewdeskout.
- Lead management: Iterable offers lead scoring, nurturing and segmentation.
- Reporting and analytics: The platform allows you to track campaign performance, customer behavior and engagement metrics.
- AI marketing: AI-powered features help you personalize your marketing campaigns based on customer behavior and engagement.
- Online marketing: The tool offers features such as web push notifications, in-app messaging and social media advertising.
The pricing of Iterable varies depending on the scale of your business and such factors as:
- The number of active users
- Monthly email sends
- The number of contacts
- Additional features required
Molly E., who reviewed the software on GetApp, thinks the segmentations and workflows are very useful. On the downside, she finds Iterable has a steep learning curve, and the HTML editor is cluttered, making it hard to use.
Image source: GetApp
See also: Iterable competitors and alternatives
Image source: EcommerceTech
Omnisend is a user-friendly marketing automation software. It has a clean, intuitive interface design, allowing even complete beginners to start with the tool quickly.
You can choose an existing automation workflow or build your own workflow using the no-code automation editor. The tool allows you to:
- Adjust automation sequence
- Include and remove additional channels
- Clone messages
- Fully customize the automation with the drag-and-drop editor
Omnisend offers a centralized dashboard to track customer interactions on all the channels you use, e.g., social media, SMS messages or online presence. This information makes it easier to target your prospects with personalized messages within their preferred channel.
Regarding email tracking, both Omnisend and Customer.io allow you to monitor email opens, clicks, conversions and revenue from email campaigns. Both platforms provide real-time behavioral data to create personalized and relevant messages.
- Email marketing: Use ready-made email templates and newsletters to engage customers.
- Push notifications: Send push notifications triggered by specific events or actions your customers take.
- Pop-ups: Capture leads and grow your subscriber list with customizable pop-ups.
- Segmentation: Segment your audience based on criteria like behavior, demographics and purchase history.
- Integrations: Integrate the platform with over 30 popular apps, for example, ecommerce platforms such as BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento and WooCommerce.
- Free: Reach up to 250 contacts, send 500 emails and up to 60 SMS per month
- Standard: $16 per month, allows you to reach up to 500 contacts, send 6,000 emails and up to 60 SMS per month
- Pro: $59 per month, allows you to reach up to 2,500 contacts, send unlimited emails and up to 3,933 SMS per month
Overall, customers say they have a positive experience with Omnisend. It helps them create great newsletters, and the automation feature is handy. However, some users complain about difficulties setting up the tool, their emails getting to junk files and product picker not working correctly.
Image source: GetApp
See also: Omnisend alternatives
Image source: Capterra
Braze helps drive customer engagement by offering data-driven solutions, allowing businesses to create cross-channel campaigns. This intuitive platform provides Canvas, a customer journey tool that enables you to build and optimize multi-part campaigns and get the most out of every message.
With Braze’s AI insights, you can optimize your marketing campaigns in real time. The tool uses machine learning to identify and score customers based on their likelihood to take future action, such as purchasing or churning. It enables brands to reach the right customers with targeted campaigns proactively.
In terms of email tracking, Customer.io offers more features than Braze. It provides such customer insights as:
- Engagement tracking
- Campaign segmentation
- Event-triggered actions
- Real-time analytics
Braze helps businesses save a lot of time by managing multiple communication channels without needing third-party apps. However, it does offer numerous integrations with tools like Google Apps, Whatsapp, Zapier etc.
- Segmentation: Create groups of users based on their in-app behavior, demographic data etc.
- In-app notifications: Drive customer engagement by sending messages at the most effective time, e.g., when users begin a new session or complete a specific action.
- Dynamic content: Personalize your messaging campaigns with dynamic content.
- A/B testing: Test different versions of your campaigns to see which performs best.
Braze provides custom pricing for their software. It depends on different factors, like the number of channels you choose (email, web, SMS, MMS etc.).
Matei B., who reviewed Braze on Capterra, appreciates that multi-channel campaigns are easy to deploy, allowing his company to send push notifications, in-app modals and emails from one tool. He complains about blockers disturbing the work of some product areas and the unwillingness of the customer support team to provide training.
Image source: Capterra
See also: Braze alternatives
Image source: eCommerce Fastlane
Klaviyo is a marketing automation platform that aims at converting single transactions into long-lasting customer relationships.
The tool’s interface is intuitive and easy to use. The dashboard focuses mainly on the revenue aspects of email campaigns.
This customer data platform integrates and centralizes data across the tech stack to further use it for highly personalized messages like email, texts and mobile push notifications.
In terms of email analytics, both Klaviyo and Customer.io provide robust features, such as segmentation, personalization, behavioral analytics and customizable reports.
With Klaviyo, you don’t have to start anything from scratch. You can use a rich library of customizable templates for:
- Reviews etc.
The platform offers integrations with many third-party apps, including Magento, Square Online, Big Commerce, Salesforce Commerce and Mindbody.
- Automated marketing campaigns: Create automated email and SMS campaigns based on customer behavior, such as product views or abandoned carts.
- Customer profiles: Visualize customer data and marketing campaign performance. Configure the analytics dashboard to show the metrics most relevant to your business.
- Reporting: Get detailed reports on campaign performance, customer behavior and other vital metrics.
- Segmentation: Segment your customer base on various criteria, such as purchase history, behavior and demographics.
- Free: up to 500 emails per month
- Email: from $45 per month for 15,000 emails and up to 1,500 contacts
- Email and SMS: $60 per month for 15,000 emails, up to 1,500 contacts and 1,250 SMS credits
Users think that the analytics of Klaviyo are great, and they appreciate the segmentation feature, which allows them to group customers based on numerous attributes. They complain about its pricing and the tool being initially difficult to understand.
Image source: GetApp
See also: Klaviyo alternatives
Image source: Kate Scott
ConvertKit is an email service provider offering marketing automation tools for online creators. Using its simple but powerful visual automation builder, you can send your subscribers well-timed, targeted drip campaigns.
The platform provides six different automation templates for things like:
- Hosting a webinar
- Launching a product
- Personalizing content according to the subscribers’ answers to your question
ConvertKit offers segmentation features to keep your subscribers organized. It tags them based on the time they signed up, links they’ve clicked in your emails and much more. You can use this information to create subscriber segments and enhance your marketing processes.
Though both Customer.io and ConvertKit offer email automation tools that allow users to send targeted content to their subscribers, Customer.io provides more features for email analysis. It has functionalities such as built-in conversion tracking and the creation of rich customer profiles.
ConvertKit integrates with various platforms and tools to help users optimize email marketing campaigns and grow their audience. Integration options of ConvertKit include Wix, Squarespace, Optinmonster, Databox and Shopify.
- Landing pages and forms: Bring in more email subscribers thanks to customizable opt-in forms and landing pages.
- A/B testing: Test different subject lines for your broadcasts, and the platform will automatically determine the best one based on their respective open rates.
- Newsletter publisher and SEO manager: Create and publish newsletters optimized for search engines.
- Commerce: Sell your digital products directly on the platform or integrate your favorite third-party e-commerce tool for a complete picture of your sales and audience behavior.
- Free: For up to 1,000 subscribers, includes unlimited landing pages, audience tagging and segmentation
- Creator: $9 per month, includes automated email sequences and visual automation builders
- Creator Pro: $25 per month, includes subscriber scoring and advanced reporting
Customers appreciate the visual automation of ConvertKit, the ease of setting up the tool and the landing page templates. On the other hand, they complain about customer support not being helpful and that the free plan is hard to use, forcing them to pay for the tool.
Image source: Capterra
See also: ConvertKit alternatives
Customer.io competitors & alternatives: comparison table
|Customer.io||Visual workflow builder|
|Essentials: $100 per month for 5,000 profiles and 1 million emails per month|
Premium: $1,000 per month, includes custom profile and email volume, 90-day onboarding support and HIPAA compliance
Enterprise: Custom pricing, includes priority technical support and success manager
Advanced A/B testing
Subscriber list monitoring
|Basic: €59 per month for up to 50,000 email sends|
Standard: €129 per month for up to 250,000 email sends
Pro: €199 per month for up to 1,500,000 email sends
Enterprise: €499 per month for unlimited email sends
Reporting and analytics
|The pricing of Iterable varies depending on the scale of your business and different factors||Marketing automation|
|Free: Reach up to 250 contacts, send 500 emails and up to 60 SMS per month|
Standard: $16 per month, allows you to reach up to 500 contacts, send 6,000 emails and up to 60 SMS per month
Pro: $59 per month, allows you to reach up to 2500 contacts, send unlimited emails and up to 3,933 SMS per month
|Braze provides custom pricing for their software. It depends on different factors, like the number of channels you choose (email, web, SMS, MMS etc.)||Omni-channel campaigns|
|Klaviyo||Automated marketing campaigns|
|Free: up to 500 emails per month.|
Email: from $45 per month for 10,000 emails and up to 1,500 contacts.
Email and SMS: $60 per month for 1,250 SMS credits and up to 15,000 contacts.
|ConvertKit||Landing pages and forms|
Newsletter publisher and SEO manager
|Free: For up to 1,000 subscribers, includes unlimited landing pages, audience tagging and segmentation.|
Creator: $9 per month, includes automated email sequences and visual automation builders.
Creator Pro: $25 per month, includes subscriber scoring and advanced reporting.
|Growing your email list|
Depending on the specific needs of your business, you should be able to find the best Customer.io competitor from our list of top alternatives. If you want to get a deep understanding of how your subscribers interact with your emails, SEINō is the tool you’re looking for.
This email analytics platform offers unique capabilities to benchmark email campaigns, track the growth of your subscriber list and monitor transactional metrics. Real-time alerts help you react to issues quickly as they arise, preventing them from growing into big problems.
Book a demo to see what SEINō can do for you!
Customer.io competitors & alternatives: FAQ
Customer.io is a messaging platform allowing marketers to create automated message campaigns. The platform also enables businesses to manage newsletters, transactional messages and behavioral messages. It offers a robust segmentation and automation engine.
The company’s core values include empathy and helping businesses improve their customers’ lives. Customer.io has over 5,500 customers worldwide, including Notion, Lendify and Red River Press.
According to ZoomInfo, as of September 2023, Customer.io has 247 employees.
Marketing automation software helps organizations automate and streamline their marketing activities, such as:
– Email marketing
– Social media marketing
– Advertising campaigns
Such software can automate repetitive tasks like email actions, drip sequences and CRM updates.