No doubt that Klaviyo is a decent email marketing tool, but it has a couple of downsides that can hardly be ignored. Here are the three most common reasons why companies stop using this tool and decide to look for Klaviyo alternatives:
- It has a bit clunky interface and can be difficult to use, especially if you don’t have a tech background.
- Its tracking and reporting capabilities are limited.
- Klaviyo pricing disproportionately increases as your email marketing list grows, and it’s not sustainable for all business owners.
We’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll show you the best Klaviyo alternatives for email tracking.
Klaviyo alternatives: Criteria for selection
Here are the criteria we used to select email analytics tools that could be the most effective alternatives to Klaviyo:
- Email tracking: Apart from standard email metrics (open rate, CTR, conversion rate etc.), it’s essential to track revenue-related KPIs such as total revenue, average order value, transition volume, ROI and similar. Some tools can even calculate the likelihood that a customer would do a particular action (purchase, unsubscribe etc.) based on their behavior and historical data.
- A/B testing: High-quality email marketing tools should allow you to split-test all elements of your email campaign (subject line, design, content, CTAs).
- Marketing automation features: We focused on the tools that allow powerful marketing automation, creating email sequences, automated workflows and even building the whole customer journey.
- Segmentation & Personalization: All of the tools from our list have advanced segmentation and personalization properties – the only difference is how they implement them.
- Artificial intelligence: Some tools rely on AI to give you data-driven suggestions and predict customer behavior.
- Integrations: Each tool offers different integrations for analytics, multi-channel campaigns or connecting with eCommerce stores.
- User interface: A tool should have an intuitive interface and be easy to use.
- Value for money: Finally, a tool should have the right balance between features and cost, especially for smaller businesses or those just starting with email marketing.
5 top Klaviyo alternatives for email tracking
SEINō is an email analytics tool of the latest generation that helps you analyze your campaigns in more detail and up to 85% faster than a standard email marketing tool.
It’s ideal for those who want to receive deep insights and track advanced metrics you can’t track with every email marketing software – for example, data related to transactions and revenue.
- Data explorer: The tool offers an effective way to organize data so that you can track and compare different email marketing campaigns and get real-time campaign insights. You can choose how you want to visualize your data and create graphs with only one click. There are also advanced filters for a quicker search.
- Advanced A/B testing: While many email marketing tools offer limited A/B testing, SEINō allows you to test all campaign elements to maximize performance: from subject lines through content down to CTA buttons.
- Advanced email tracking and analytics: Our tool helps you understand your data even though you might not have a background in analytics. You can use Pivot mode to analyze large sets of data and answer unanticipated questions about your campaigns.
- Transactional metrics: Apart from standard email marketing metrics, SEINō also tracks metrics related to your online store: total revenue, revenue per email sent, average order value etc.
- Benchmarking: Unlike other email marketing tools, SEINō allows you to compare and analyze multiple campaigns in the same report to see which performs best. It’s also possible to set targets for every campaign you create.
- Integrations: You can connect and sync multiple email marketing service providers to analyze all the campaigns in one place. You can also connect to Google Analytics to combine data and boost your marketing efforts. Some of the integrations include Deployteq, Selligent, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, Braze, Copernica, Mailchimp etc.
Here are the results our customers have achieved since switching to SEINō:
Case study #1: Teemer Group owns three fashion brands with more than 150 brick-and-mortar stores in different countries and online stores. Their biggest challenge was creating comprehensive reports and tracking revenue and transactions. It involved copying data from email marketing services into Excel spreadsheets and wasting a lot of time for store managers.
When they switched to SEINō, they were able to automate a huge part of the work they had been doing manually, saving a lot of time. Our advanced reports also provided deeper insight into customer behavior which helped with customer relationship management.
Case study #2: Glanbia is the largest sports supplement online seller worldwide, owning multiple brands. They do a lot of email marketing campaigns simultaneously and reached out to us because they wanted to get real-time insights.
With SEINō, they get detailed insights into the number of transactions and revenue, and they get to create comprehensive weekly reports with only one click. These reports saved them around 16 hours per week, which they can use for improving their email marketing strategy, segmentation and A/B testing.
- Basic plan: €59 per month for up to 50,000 email sends
- Standard plan: €129 per month for up to 250,000 email sends
- Pro plan: €199 per month for up to 1,500,000 email sends
- Enterprise plan: €499 per month for unlimited email sends
This software is well-known for its advanced marketing automation properties that go beyond creating simple email campaigns. You can also use it as a CRM platform to store and segmentize your customer data, allowing you to make more personalized flows for each stage of the buyer’s journey.
- Marketing automation: You can choose from a high number of automated workflows that are built for every stage of the sales funnel, are easy to use and very customizable. You can create email sequence maps that will make it easier to understand complex campaigns.
- Predictive sending: ActiveCampaign relies on AI to determine the best time to send your email to each subscriber based on their previous behavior.
- CRM: ActiveCampaign integrates marketing and sales information into one database. You can track customers, build sales pipelines and even do lead scoring.
- Landing pages: You can choose from many highly customizable landing page templates.
- Cross-channel messaging: ActiveCampaign integrates website messages, email marketing and SMS to create multiple touchpoints with customers.
- Email tracking: When it comes to email tracking, ActiveCampaign has many of the same features as Klaviyo. The most significant difference is that it provides a detailed marketing revenue report to help you understand your budget better.
You can integrate ActiveCampaign with over 800 other tools, from eCommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce to many other CMS and CRM platforms.
Their client SwimUniversity increased revenue by 66% through personalized marketing automation emails: new subscribers were getting personalized time-limited offers in the welcome email based on their actions on the website.
Another client, Vaultra Storage, increased email engagement by 84% using custom automated workflows built for their specific industry (providing self-storage solutions).
- Email marketing
- Plus: $49 per month, up to three users, ideal for small businesses
- Professional: $149 per month, up to five users (includes split automation and predictive sending)
- Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting and unlimited email testing)
- Plus: $19 per month, ideal for small sales teams
- Professional: $49 per month (includes automation maps and sales engagement automation)
- Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting)
- Bundle (Email marketing + Sales + CRM)
- Plus: $93 per month
- Professional: $386 per month
- Enterprise: custom price available upon request
See also: ActiveCampaign competitors
Deployteq is a data-driven marketing automation platform. They call themselves LEGO for email marketing because you not only get to build and customize your campaigns, but you can also customize the tool itself.
It is a highly flexible tool with custom data models and one of the market’s best drag-and-drop campaign flow builders.
Their motto is “Pay only for what you use,” meaning you can create your own package by choosing the features you need from dozens of features available on their website. Features are divided into four groups: email marketing automation, Deployteq data platform, transactional emails and marketing services (you can hire their team to help you).
- 360-degree customer view: Collect and keep all your data in one place, allowing you to create hyper-personalized email campaigns that almost feel like one-on-one communication with a customer (for example, personalized recommendations and upsells).
- Dynamic segmentation: Deployteq has a data-driven approach and marketing segments are continuously being updated based on real-time data on customer behavior.
- Audience builder: It allows you to find look-alike audiences on social media or among website visitors and offer them personalized opt-in forms to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Transactional emails: Fast and secure way to automate transactional emails in your eCommerce store.
- Multi-channel marketing automation: You can combine email marketing campaigns with SMS, Whatsapp, Facebook, RCS messaging etc.
- Reporting and analytics: While Klaviyo has more advanced reporting capabilities, Deployteq has released a fantastic new Analytics API that you can enrich with a lot of extra meta data from external analytics tools like SEINō for in-depth reporting. And guess what? 💡 SEINō is the first analytics tool that works seamlessly with the new Deployteq Analytics API.
This tool could be a good alternative to Klaviyo for eCommerce businesses because it integrates with major platforms like Shopify and Magento.
Deployteq helped Virgin Media increase its ROI 2.5x with one single campaign. Each user was sent a hyper-personalized message with up-sell and cross-sell offers based on their interests and preferences, and, as a result, sales went up.
However, this might not be the most user-friendly Klaviyo alternative for everyone. While users state that there are a lot of great features and it’s possible to do many complex things with Deployteq, some of them are difficult to figure out and require a lot of time.
Custom price available upon request. Pricing comes with a one-time set-up fee that depends on your chosen features. You can build up your own custom solution by selecting your desired features.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Marketing Cloud is a part of the Salesforce marketing automation suite, focused on email marketing with the help of AI and predictive analytics. It takes the guessing work out of your email campaigns, discovering patterns in your customers’ behavior and developing personalized suggestions.
Looking for Salesforce Marketing Cloud alternatives? Check out our comparison!
- AI-driven optimization: Marketing Cloud makes decision-making easier, as you can get a data-driven algorithm to make decisions instead of you. This includes personalized content, product recommendations and suggesting the next logical step based on customer behavior.
- Predictive analysis: A robust machine learning algorithm predicts customer behavior based on data and tracking their actions across multiple channels.
- Customer profiles: Marketing Cloud takes the guessing work out of creating your buyer personas. Machine learning algorithm creates customer profiles and segments based on their behavior.
- Journey builder: This marketing tool allows you to build customer journeys across multiple channels and deliver consistent brand experience through different touchpoints: website, email, SMS marketing and even offline.
- Rich reporting: User-friendly and easy to understand, rich reporting features help you spot patterns and trends in customer behavior.
- Email tracking: This tool has some advanced metrics, such as tracking audience engagement over time, best-performing send day, number of purchases etc. The algorithm then calculates someone’s likelihood to engage, purchase or unsubscribe so that you can push them toward the desired outcome.
When asked the reason why they use Marketing Cloud, most users on review websites said that it was because it’s user-friendly and has great UI, unlike some other email marketing tools that are not suitable for beginners.
On the con side, if you want to access its advanced features (like journey builder), you have to purchase the most expensive plan, which is pricier than most other automation tools.
- Basic plan: $400 per month (email personalization & segmentation, but without automation)
- Pro plan: $1250 per month (automated workflows, triggered campaigns)
- Corporate plan: $3750 per month (customer journey builder, multi-channel campaigns)
- Enterprise plan: custom price available upon request
SendGrid is an email automation tool with a special focus on email testing to avoid spam filters and increase deliverability. It’s known for its beautiful, responsive design and many email templates.
- Drag and drop editor: You can create campaigns from scratch or choose from the vast library of email templates and customize them with your brand’s style. SendGrid email templates are also super mobile-responsive.
- Contact management: With SendGrid, it’s easy to keep your list clean and engaged, thanks to Contact API, which provides real-time insights.
- Segmentation & Personalization: The software automatically customizes email templates per location, language and pictures.
- Spam score: SendGrid calculates your spam score and potential deliverability based on advanced spam filters.
- Multi-channel campaigns: As of recently, SendGrid includes email and SMS marketing, Whatsapp and phone support and voice and video calls, making it ideal for businesses that have to send reminders and notifications.
- Email tracking: You can track standard email marketing metrics (open rate, CTR, bounce rate etc.) but also get insights about transactions and identify emails with the best performance. While the metrics they’re tracking are similar, what makes this tool stand out from Klaviyo are its user-friendly dashboards that make it easier to visualize data. On the con side, reports are pretty limited and lack specific details.
SendGrid could be a good alternative to Klaviyo for eCommerce stores because it integrates with platforms like Shopify, Magento and Salesforce.
eBay is one of the biggest SendGrid clients, among many other online businesses. They use it because of its amazing personalization and customization properties. Using SendGrid helps them significantly increase their CTR and online sales through email marketing.
On the con side, some online store owners said to fully experience all the benefits of SendGrid, it’s required to have some technical knowledge, even programming, which is not the case with some other tools.
- Free plan: up to 100 emails a day
- Essentials plan: $19.95 for up to 50,000 emails per month or $34.95 for up to 100,000 emails per month
- Pro plan: starting at $89.95 per month for up to 200,000 emails, the price grows exponentially with the number of emails (this package includes a dedicated IP address)
- Premier plan: custom price available upon request
See also: SendGrid competitors
Klaviyo alternatives: comparison table
|Platform||Free trial||Free plan||Customer ratings on Capterra||Customer ratings on G2||Segmentation||A/B testing||Pricing|
|SEINō||Yes||No||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||Basic: €59/month, up to 50,000 emails|
Standard: €129/month up to 250,000 emails
Pro: €199/month up to 1,500,000 emails
Enterprise: €499/month, unlimited email sends
Enterprise: custom price
|Deployteq||No||No||4.3/5||4.4/5||Yes||Yes||Custom price, depending on the features|
|Salesforce Marketing Cloud||No||No||4.1/5||4/5||Yes||Yes||Basic: €400/month|
Enterprise: custom price
Essentials: starting from $19.95/month for up to 50.000 emails
Pro: starting from $89.95/month for up to 200.000 emails
Premier: custom price
Email and SMS: starting at $60 per month
Email: starting at $45 per month
All experienced marketers know that email marketing isn’t just about creating content and sending emails, it’s about getting to know your customer to offer a personalized customer experience.
That’s why it’s essential to have a data-driven email tracking tool that can uncover insights about customer behavior and enable you to test different elements until you discover what works best for you.
SEINō’s analytics is much more powerful than a standard email marketing tool, enabling you to get real-time data and optimize your campaigns. And you can use it on top of each tool featured in this article to get more relevant data.
Schedule a free demo to see what it can do for you.
Klaviyo alternatives: FAQ
There are many good Klaviyo alternatives and everything depends on your goals. If you’re looking for a tool with accurate analytics and email tracking, SEINō could be the best Klaviyo alternative for you.
Klaviyo is popular in the eCommerce business world because it has advanced email automation custom-made for this niche. It’s also great at segmentation and personalization and integrates with many popular eCommerce platforms, eliminating the need for third-party services.
It isn’t easy to compare these two tools because they’re different and you can use them for different purposes. While Klaviyo focuses on email marketing automation, HubSpot is a combination of a comprehensive marketing platform and CRM system whose features go beyond email marketing. Therefore, the answer depends on what you are looking for.
Klaviyo is one of the best email marketing tools for eCommerce because it has native integration with Shopify and some other eCommerce platforms. For best results, you can combine Klaviyo with an email analytics tool like SEINō to get deeper insights into your email performance.