Due to a high price and a low number of ecommerce integrations, Drip may not be the best email marketing tool for online stores. However, that doesn’t mean that your marketing efforts are useless.
In fact, at the end of 2022, half of the marketing professionals reported a two-time improvement rate in their email campaigns’ ROI. What makes successful marketing teams stand out from the rest? The answer could be email tracking and excellent analytics that help you optimize the success of your campaigns.
That’s why we’ve gathered the best Drip alternatives that can take your ecommerce business to the next level. There’s something for everyone, from small and medium-sized businesses to big enterprises. Keep reading to discover the perfect tool for you.
Drip alternatives: Selection criteria
Here are the criteria we used to select the best Drip alternatives for you:
- Email analytics – We’ve chosen email analytics tools that provide detailed tracking, with a special focus on revenue-related analytics and transactional metrics that are essential for your ecommerce business.
- User interface – We focused on finding no-code business software everyone can use. We’ve chosen user-friendly tools, some of which are suitable for total beginners and some of which are more advanced.
- Integrations – You should choose an email marketing software that integrates with the tools you’re already using, whether it’s your CRM, Google Analytics or ecommerce platforms.
- Value for money – The tools on our list have different features and plans. It’s essential to choose a plan with the biggest value for money for you, which depends on the size of your email list and your needs.
Drip alternatives: 6 best options for ecommerce email analytics
SEINō is a cutting-edge email tracking tool that provides more precise data and insights than your traditional marketing automation software. It’s also lightning fast, so you can test and optimize your campaigns in real time and get results quicker.
Why choose SEINō for ecommerce?
- Transactional metrics – Apart from traditional email metrics, SEINō also tracks total revenue, revenue per email sent, average order value, number of transactions and other ROI-driven metrics.
- Benchmarking – With SEINō, you can compare and benchmark different campaigns to discover patterns and see what’s working best. This feature alone makes it one of the best Drip alternatives because most tools can focus only on one campaign at a time.
- Advanced features like segmentation and A/B testing – With our tool, you can test and optimize each part of your campaign, from email subject lines to CTA buttons.
- Customer base analytics – SEINō enables you to monitor the growth of your subscriber list and organize your customer base.
- Automatic reporting – With SEINō, you can forget about spreadsheets and save yourself hours of manual work. You can create custom reports to help you generate insights and even compare multiple campaigns in the same report.
SEINō is not a traditional email service provider; it integrates with almost all email providers, such as Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Deployteq, Selligent, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and many others. It means that you can keep using your current email marketing automation solution and add SEINō to get deeper insights and optimize your campaigns.
SEINō also integrates with tools like Google Analytics to help you understand your website visitors’ behavior.
Case study #1: When we say SEINō can help you boost productivity and save time, we mean it! Since switching to SEINō, marketing teams in Glanbia, the largest online sports supplement seller worldwide, have saved 16 hours per week. They can also track down transactions and revenue from each email, which helps them optimize their campaigns in real time.
Case study #2: With the help of SEINō, Teemer Group, consisting of three fashion brands and more than 150 shops, managed to fully automate reporting and eliminate the use of spreadsheets. This approach not only saved them a lot of time, but our custom reports also gave them new and deeper insights to optimize their campaigns.
- Transactional metrics
- Campaign benchmarking
- Real-time tracking
- Automated reports
- A/B testing
- Basic plan: €59 per month for up to 50,000 email sends
- Standard plan: €129 per month for up to 250,000 email sends
- Pro plan: €199 per month for up to 1,500,000 email sends
- Enterprise plan: €499 per month for unlimited email sends
GetResponse is an email marketing automation tool that has various plans and we’ll focus on the one created for ecommerce stores.
Here are its notable features:
- There are a lot of autoresponders for sales automation like automated purchase confirmations, abandoned cart emails, sending promo codes etc.
- GetResponse has a built-in AI product recommendation engine that gathers data about your customers and offers them personalized recommendations based on their behavior and past purchases. This is one of the most effective ways for upselling and cross-selling as customers get relevant recommendations.
- The latest feature is an AI-powered email generator that allows you to write your copy faster. That way, you can create multiple marketing campaign versions and do A/B testing to discover what converts the best.
Depending on the plan you choose, there are three different types of analytics reports:
- Engagement – tracking metrics like opens and clicks
- Ecommerce – tracking your KPIs and revenue-related goals
- Growth – tracking monthly subscription rate and discovering the most popular subscription method or landing page
Users said that the latest AI advanced features helped them write email campaigns much faster and save up to 85% of the time they used for creating emails. According to HubSpot, 28% of marketers use AI to help them write emails, so that’s something to consider if you don’t want to stay behind.
On the con side, some users said the interface isn’t intuitive and some features are “painfully slow,” which may be a valid reason to check out GetResponse alternatives.
GetResponse integrates with over 100 tools, including Shopify, Magento, PayPal and Stripe.
- Ecommerce email automation
- AI product recommendations
- AI-powered email generator
- Mobile app
When it comes to pricing, there are different pricing plans depending on your needs and the number of subscribers. While a regular email marketing plan isn’t expensive, the price can quickly increase if you want to unlock all the ecommerce features, such as transactional emails.
- Free plan: up to 500 subscribers
- Email marketing: starting from €13.12 per month for 1,000 subscribers
- Marketing automation: starting from €44.28 per month for 1,000 subscribers
- Ecommerce marketing: starting from €86.92 per month for 1,000 subscribers
AWeber is a great tool for small business owners because it’s user-friendly and suitable for people without a lot of email automation experience.
Apart from email marketing, you can also use this platform to:
- Easily create landing pages. You can use a drag-and-drop editor to customize one of many landing page templates.
- If you’re just starting with ecommerce, you can use AWeber to set up your online store in minutes. Of course, the design can’t be compared to big ecommerce businesses, but it’s a good place to start as you won’t find an easier and quicker online store builder.
Now, it’s time for email automation. Even if you don’t know anything about marketing automation, you only have to pick a template and customize it with your brand colors. AWeber has a variety of email templates for ecommerce marketing, like:
- Abandoned cart
Compared to Drip, AWeber is much easier to use as everything is based on drag and drop and you don’t have to be a marketing expert to create and analyze campaigns. On the other hand, analytics is a bit limited. You can track open rates, clicks and conversions, but you can’t see detailed revenue metrics.
AWeber integrates with many popular tools such as Shopify, WordPress, PayPal and Zapier.
Users say the interface is very friendly, just like customer support which is always available to help you. However, others stated that some templates are a bit outdated compared to other AWeber alternatives.
Final verdict: AWeber may not be the most advanced email marketing automation and analytics tool. However, it’s great for beginners and small businesses because it’s easy to use, affordable and offers non-stop customer support through phone, chat and email.
- Landing page builder
- Email templates
- Email marketing automation
- 24/7 Customer support
- Free plan: up to 500 subscribers, no advanced analytics
- Lite: $12.50 per month (unlimited subscribers, advanced analytics, landing page)
- Plus: $20 per month (24/7 customer support)
- Unlimited: $899 per month (for big lists with over 100,000 subscribers)
ActiveCampaign is an email marketing automation software that you can also use for email tracking and keeping customer data organized.
Here are the main features to consider:
- It offers powerful segmentation and personalization and many pre-built email templates for each stage in the sales funnel – from welcoming new subscribers to conversion.
- ActiveCampaign helps you unify campaigns on different marketing channels, from email marketing to website visitor tracking and SMS marketing campaigns. Cross-channel messaging and creating multiple touchpoints with your customers can boost sales in your ecommerce business.
- Regarding email analytics, ActiveCampaign offers pretty much similar features as Drip. You can track opens, clicks and conversions. It also gives you a detailed revenue report that will help you understand which email marketing campaigns perform the best and bring you the most money. You can use this data for A/B testing to further optimize your campaign performance.
ActiveCampaign helped Apple Rose Beauty increase online sales by 300% by creating highly-personalized email campaigns that almost felt like a 1:1 conversation with each customer.
The platform integrates with more than 800 tools, from ecommerce platforms like Shopify and WooCommerce to PayPal and Stripe.
On the con side, their customer support is a bit slow and if that’s important to you, we advise you to check out ActiveCampaign alternatives.
- Marketing automation
- Customizable email templates
- Cross-channel campaigns
- Customer relationship management
- Multiple integrations
- Email marketing
- Plus: $49 per month, up to three users, ideal for small businesses
- Professional: $149 per month, up to five users (includes split automation and predictive sending)
- Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting and unlimited email testing)
- Plus: $19 per month, ideal for small sales teams
- Professional: $49 per month (includes automation maps and sales engagement automation)
- Enterprise: custom price (includes custom reporting)
- Bundle (Email marketing + Sales + CRM)
- Plus: $93 per month
- Professional: $386 per month
- Enterprise: custom price available upon request
Klaviyo is an email marketing platform focusing on ecommerce marketing automation.
It comes with plenty of templates and email sequences that support your ecommerce business:
- Price-drop alerts
- Special offers for VIP clients
- Birthday discounts
- Customer win-back sequences etc.
To boost your sales even more, you can use web push notifications and SMS marketing to send your customers discount alerts in real time.
Regarding email tracking, one area where Klaviyo is better than Drip is benchmarking. You can benchmark and compare your results with ecommerce brands from the same industry to find areas for improvement.
Apart from standard email metrics, Klaviyo also tracks:
- Average order value
- Average order count
- Average cart size
These metrics help you identify campaigns and channels with the highest ROI.
It also has predictive analytics based on AI insights that can predict customer lifetime value and behavior, which can help you with segmentation and marketing automation.
As for the negatives, Klaviyo could be more user-friendly and reports are sometimes difficult to understand. If you’re new to email marketing and analytics, check out Klaviyo alternatives.
Klaviyo integrates with major ecommerce platforms such as Shopify and Magento and with 300 other tools, including Google Ads and Facebook.
Little Sleepies, a kids’ sleepwear brand, increased its revenue from email campaigns by 138% using precise segmentation and Klaviyo’s pre-built campaigns for discounts and special offers on Black Friday.
- AI-driven predictions
- Advanced segmentation
- Behavior-based marketing automation
- Ecommerce templates
- Push notifications
- Free plan: up to 500 emails per month
- Email plan: starting at $20 per month for 5,000 monthly emails and up to 500 contacts
- Email and SMS plan: starting at $35 per month, depending on the number of SMS credits you need
Pricing depends on the number of contacts and it grows as your email list grows. It starts at $20 per month for small lists from 251 to 500 subscribers and can go up to $1,955 per month if you have up to 150,000 contacts.
Brevo (formerly Sendinblue)
You have probably heard of email marketing software Sendinblue, but its new version is much more than a simple email marketing platform. Think of Brevo as a platform for nurturing customer relationships through various channels, including emails, SMS and chat.
Apart from email marketing, it also enables businesses to:
- Install chatbots and provide 24/7 live support on their websites. You can automate frequently asked questions about your products or services and delight customers with immediate responses.
- Sync contacts and manage all conversations in a universal inbox, whether they’re DMs, emails, chat or WhatsApp messages.
Brevo is easy to use and suitable for small businesses that want to use one tool to build landing pages, do email marketing and manage their sales pipeline.
Unfortunately, Brevo doesn’t have advanced message analytics like some other Drip alternatives. You can track basic metrics like open and click rate and the number of unsubscribes, but you might need to combine it with another tool to track revenue-related metrics.
Kimondo, an online fashion store, tried various marketing automation software, but their open rate never exceeded 12%. Since switching to Brevo, their open rate went up to 25% and with it the revenue from email marketing.
Brevo may have fewer integrations than other tools on the list, but it integrates with major ecommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify and Magento and payment services like PayPal and Stripe.
- Pre-built automation
- Omni-channel campaigns
- Universal inbox
- Chatbot and live chat
- Free plan: up to 300 emails a day
- Starter: starting at $25 per month (up to 20,000 emails and basic analytics)
- Business: starting at $65 per month (advanced analytics, A/B testing)
- Brevo Plus: custom price (for large businesses)
- Transactional emails: You can add them to any plan. Up to 300 emails a day are free. You can get up to 20,000 emails per month for $15, and the price goes up for more.
See also: Sendinblue alternatives
Drip alternatives: Comparison table
|Starting from $39 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers to $1.899 for up to 170,000 subscribers||Building customer journey|
|Basic plan: €59 per month for up to 50,000 email sends|
Standard plan: €129 per month for up to 250,000 email sends
Pro plan: €199 per month for up to 1,500,000 email sends
Enterprise plan: €499 per month for unlimited email sends
|Email analytics and tracking|
|GetResponse||Ecommerce email automation|
AI product recommendations
AI-powered email generator
|Free plan: up to 500 subscribers|
Email marketing: starting from €13.12 per month for 1,000 subscribers
Marketing automation: starting from €44.28 per month for 1,000 subscribers
Ecommerce marketing: starting from €86.92 per month for 1,000 subscribers
|AWeber||Landing page builder|
Email marketing automation
24/7 Customer support
|Free plan: up to 500 subscribers|
Lite: $12.50 per month
Plus: $20 per month
Unlimited: $899 per month
|Small businesses and beginners|
Customizable email templates
Customer relationship management
|1. Email marketing|
Plus: $49 per month
Professional: $149 per month
Enterprise: custom price
Plus: $19 per month
Professional: $49 per month
Enterprise: custom price
3. Bundle (Email marketing + Sales + CRM)
Plus: $93 per month
Professional: $386 per month
Enterprise: custom price
Behavior-based marketing automation
|Free plan: up to 500 emails per month|
Email plan: starting at $20, depending on the number of subscribers
Email and SMS plan: starting at $35 per month, depending on the number of SMS credits you need
Chatbot and live chat
|Free plan: up to 300 emails a day|
Starter: starting at $25 per month (up to 20,000 emails)
Business: starting at $65 per month
Brevo Plus: custom price
Transactional emails: You can add them to any plan. Up to 300 emails a day are free. You can get up to 20,000 emails per month for $15, and the price goes up for more
|Customer relationship management|
We hope this review of the best Drip alternatives helps you choose the right tool for your business. Everything depends on what you are looking for – whether you need a marketing automation platform or an email tracking and analytics tool that will help you maximize your revenue.
If your answer is the latter, SEINō is the right tool for you. It has more detailed analytics than other Drip alternatives, with a special focus on transactional data.
Schedule a free demo to take your ecommerce to the next level.